Mathematical Microeconomics 1
Students on the Scottish Graduate Programme in Economics MSc programme have to choose between Microeconomics 1 and Mathematical Microeconomics 1. You can watch a video to help you decide which one you should choose.
Mathematical Microeconomics 1 involves participating in
- You will formally be enrolled in the course "Mathematical Microeconomics 1" instead of "Microeconomics 1".
- You should only do the Metric Spaces components of Advanced Mathematical Economics. This means you only have to come for the first portion (about 80 minutes) of each Advanced Mathematical Economics lecture. In other words, you don't have to watch the same video twice.
- I recommend that you go to all tutorials, both the Micro 1 and the mathematics tutorials. But you are welcome to go to just one or the other. You can bring your Micro 1 questions to the maths tutorial if you like.
- When you sit the Advanced Mathematical Economics exams, you will only be given the Part B questions (which are about metric spaces) to answer. The Part A material will be assessed in your other exam.
If you are interested in taking this course, please note:
- You are welcome to talk about your choice with me during my office hours.
- The first lecture is on Tuesday the 22nd of September. Please don't miss it.
- The deadline for swapping between this course and Microeconomics 1 (in either direction) is 9am, Monday 19th of October. You can do this in the SGPE office.
- The course is a 30 credit course, which means that you will take 10 fewer credits of options courses in semester 2. This means you can not take this course if you enrol in the Finance or Econometrics degrees. You can switch degree if necessary.